Monday, April 4, 2011

IGDA Meeting, Microsoft Store

I guess I should've taken a picture. It has been a long time since I've been to these meeting, and people have changed. There are some old familiar faces, but not too many. I'm guessing that most people find it boring to network with the same old people.

The meeting was at Microsoft store in Park Meadows mall. Huh? There is a Microsoft store here? That's news to me. There is an Apple store there, too. Hmmm. I'm about to do something drastic with my hard disk. I wonder if consultation with these people is advisable?

The meeting went fine, except that there's not enough seat for everybody. Some people had to stand. I met with a young and talented artist Aldana Zanetta. I critique some of her work. She's very talented, but still lacking in scale and structure. Composition skill would be nice to have, too. I noticed she was interested in perspective drawing lesson. Rapid Viz book may be good for her.

I sent her a message on her website, giving her my old homepage URL. I don't know if the message reached her. The website looks unfinished. Still, looking at these old works, I can't help but think that it was a whole different lifestyle back then. The carefree part. Looking back, it's like I was sampling a different lifestyle every 5-10 years. Yep. Sounds just like me. Which means that I'll be living yet another lifestyle in 2 years, when I retire from my current job.

I already hitting the books lately, preparing for the eventual transfer. Also, I'm due for vacation. The last time I took a week off, it was due to lung infection!

I also saw Nintendo 3DS. I should've brought my Nintendo DSi. Especially, since there was no program on it. Apparently the e-store won't be there until May. Oh, well. I can wait until May.

I also saw eee EP121. Pretty slick. Unfortunately, battery life is only 3 hours. Hey, how about designing such a device so that it last 7-10 hours, eh? 3 hours is too short for heavy duty doodling! Otherwise, I don't mind it that much, even if it's a bit pricey.



No comments: