Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Leisurely Bike Ride


I went for a bike ride today. Strolling around the neighborhood took one hour. According to my computer: 59 minutes, 254 calories, 3.9 fat, 7.2 miles, 14.7 max speed, 7.3 avg speed. I wonder if that computation is based on flat road, or hilly?

I think I need a new saddle. The one currently on the bike is hard as a board and the path is rather uneven. I used the bike path on the road today, detouring when such path is filled with ice. Considering it's a small road, it's fine.

I really don't see me doing more than 15 mph at this time. Maybe if I can find a better bike path, I can do faster than that. In the meantime, I'll continue to look elsewhere. Too bad there's not a good bike path from home that I can see. Ideally, it'll be uphill going out, and downhill going home. That way, if I pushed it too hard, it'll be a simple coast to home.

No comments: