Monday, February 28, 2022

Code: WaterColorBot

 The code for interfacing with WaterColorBot directly seems to be buggy. The AxiCli program just doesn't do it. This annoys me very much since Inkscape works just fine. The problem is Inkscape has big User Interface (UI) problem,  and I can't do good work in any reasonable way. 





So, I did what I had to do so many times, and that is write my own code. The biggest obstacle is the SVG format. The info on SVG out there is somewhat sketchy and incomplete, by which I don't mean the feature set. I mean how to Interface into different programs. 





Fortunately, I found out later, after 5 hours of frustrating research, that Inkscape is capable of exporting different format. I simply exported an optimized, minimal SVG, and cut out the data part. I still don't know how the header is formed, but it's good enough for me to insert my own data.


The result is good enough for me to get something worthwhile to show. Of course, it's still very rough, but I successfully did the hires grace.jpg example picture that is supposed to be used by Stipplegen. I couldn't get Stipplegen to work, either. It's not updated to Processing 3, after all. 

No comments: