Thursday, March 31, 2022

Tech Support Trouble

 I'm trying to pay off my credit card bills, and instead of pay by phone, I get transferred to Support Representative. Every time. And every time, I get thickly accented person, which I assume is Indian by the accent. Trouble is, I have trouble understanding them.

I tried 6 times already. I keep having trouble understanding what they're saying. Mind you, each representative said their name and id number. I never understand any of their names and only managed to write down one id number: 101912792. There are other numbers such as 961315900 and 12271302, but I'm sure I got those wrong.

I just don't see why there's no system in place that basically ensures minimum acceptable performance. There's such a thing called TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language), so that customer service can service customer. 

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to write off Citibank and get something else. There's really no reason why you would make it hard for people to settle their bill, after all. All good business will want to easily get paid. 


No comments: