Thursday, October 1, 2020

Personal Experimental Art, October 2020

 So, Jake Parker started inktober as a way to encourage people to learn how to draw. That is a noble goal. Unfortunately, he then decided to make a business out of it. And while there's nothing wrong with the idea of trying to make money, it seems he does it in an antagonistic way to the community. Very unfortunate. 

I think this is because he consulted with legal professionals, which is rather prudent, to be honest. However, it seems like the advice he's getting isn't the type that is community friendly. That is, yes, it's legal. No, it won't endear him to the community he's worked so hard to build. Very regrettable. 

I hope he can bounce back from this episode. Consider it, lesson learned. I certainly hope it won't be the case of either dying a hero or live long enough to become a villain. 

In the meantime, I won't be doing Inktober. I'll just do my regular drawing practice and call it Personal Experimental Art, October 2020.

No need to be fancy and call it OctoDraw, or anything like that. Maybe somebody wants to call it Octobrew and end it with Octoberfest? Now, that's a thought. 



No comments: