Friday, April 11, 2008

This natural world

TRAVEL

A lot of times, we go from one place to the other and see only the road. We don't stop and think that there is more to the city than asphalt. However, nature is elusive. Sometimes you can find pleasant things in unexpected places.

I was just wandering around in mud path in Kentucky. Derby City South Truck Plaza, to be exact. I saw this red robin puttering around. It saw me and flew into a tree. I can see it just fine, it being red and the rest is green. The tree doesn't have too many leaves in it, in any case. It was raining and I have places to go so I didn't stay there long, but I do know that the people is nice.

Actually, it's not much of a truck stop. Just a restaurant, truck repair shack, and a cigarette shop at the back. No junk food sold here. I'd have stopped and sample their food had I known this. As it is, I already ate a full breakfast and no more room for another meal.

I need to lay off all these junk food for a while. Too much sugar in my system.

Anyway, a drive through Kentucky is a welcome change of pace after traffic jam North Carolina and Construction Packed Tennessee. I swear people there like to stop in the middle of the road, blocking traffic. I'm exaggerating, but that's how it feels like.

Conservatives' view that nature must be preserved notwithstanding, it can sometimes be cold and windy, wet and muddy, not just green and browny.

Some pictures here including the mud path I was treading. Turn it into a wall paper or something.

No comments: