Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Shopping

I usually would spend about $1000, but not this year. I'm holding out for a 10 Hr Touch screen Netbook w/ webcam for data entry. Pretty mighty configuration, eh? I was hoping 1 would come out this year, but no luck. On another note, Dell has a netbook with Digital TV reception, if you're looking for portable TV. Either use Windows XP or Windows 7. Skip the Vista.

I'm not shopping for a smartphone, right now, but if I do, I will give that android phone a close look. Seems like a good Apple iPhone competition.

Webcam: Logitech C250 is good, but C905 is so much better. Unsure if the face tracking technology can be disabled, since sometimes, I'd want to step aside to show a picture.

Handheld camcorder: There's plenty, but Flip Ultra has 2 hour HD model with facebook connection.

I'm tempted to get one of these 500 GB portable storage for about $100. Western Digital model should be good. 1TB drive is available if you want a desktop solution.

For backup, I use memory card, but Staples carry these cute PNY 4 GB USB swivel drive for $15 that are good for keychain/necklace/earrings accessory.

Nintendo has DSi bundle for kids (Mario) Metallic Blue and adult (Brain Age) White. These are DSiWare titles, but still a good deal. I'm tempted to get one of these. That would be the white one, since I already have Mario.

No comments: