Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dangers in Travelling

ZEN THOUGHT

There are many kinds of dangers, travellers face on the road. Robber, bandits, and even on the road itself, there are many careless drivers who thought the public road is there as their personal race track. How many crashed cars out there must there be before they realize the danger of speeding on a public road? I don't think I'll forget that blood drenched road anytime soom, and since it was in a city close to underpass, I don't think that was animal's blood either. More like, a blind corner accident victim.

But for all the dangers out there, nothing bothers me more than the everyday danger than I face. They come silently, wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, I'm staring at one right now. I'm talking about breakfast. Mountain House Scrambled Eggs with Ham and Red and Green Peppers. Prepared foods are always full of salt, reflected in high Sodium content. However, that pales in comparison with 266% Cholesterol level! Gosh, for the sake of God, of all the things that would kill me, I didn't think breakfast would be it.

I've always said that "Of all the things that would kill me, I didn't think chicken would be it." I said that soon to a taxi driver soon after I went to a hospital due to chicken bone in my throat. The friendly taxi driver offered this advice: "Don't eat chicken."

"OF course, I eat chicken!" I said, "That's all I eat."

The taxi driver smiled and said, "Don't eat!"

There you go. If you don't want your breakfast to kill you, just don't eat. Then you'll die of a different cause, such as starvation.

In all seriousness, though, there are many things that will kill us, including those commonly found in advertising. Cancer inducing chemical cosmetics notwithstanding, there's a lot more danger of coronary disease in one of those all-you-can-eat buffet bar than any other place on earth.

Speaking of which, if your work involves sitting all day long, do stretch your legs from time to time. Don't work so hard that you don't move for hours at a time. It raises the danger of Deep Vein Thrombosis. Not sure how to spell that last word. Basically, what that is, is a condition where blood clot is formed in your leg, and causes stroke. The way to prevent that is to keep the blood moving. Strengthening your legs will help also. I wonder what other dangers would there be in a pound of ice cream, or maybe triple layered chocolate cake, or all meat toppings combo pizza topping. Hmmm. Strangely enough, I'm getting hungry.

Well, staring at danger won't do anything good, so I'm going to do something about it. I'm going to eat that breakfast!

No comments: