Friday, January 11, 2008

Pesto Salmon with Pasta

PERSONAL COOKING
I was trying out new dishes and lacking any good ideas, I went and bought quite a few variety of prepared food. In this case, I went to REI and bought some freeze dried food. So here is what I think.

Pesto Salmon with Pasta. Sounds good. I especially like salmon. Unfortunately, I have to pass on this one. The salmon steak comes with skin attached, which I have trouble separating. It also comes with its own package. There's also a package of olive oil, but since the direction results in it being mixed with water, I couldn't really taste it. The pasta is fine, I suppose. Pretty hard to mix with water, resulting in some crunchy texture. To be fair, the water is lukewarm, rather than boiling. Still, I don't remember having trouble with chicken and rice version.

Next time I'm in the mood for Salmon, I'll just buy the salmon separately. Add that to any meal, including instant rice. Just make sure that the fish is in oil, rather than water.

Backpacker's Pantry Pesto Salmon with Pasta: not good.

No comments: